Update message sent May 8, 2020:
We have always been dreamers at Harford Gymnastics. Over 40 years ago, Harford Gymnastics started it’s journey of opening a gymnastics gym with a dream to empower our students to grow as athletes and as individuals.
More than ever in these weeks since March 13th, we have become great planners. We are building a plan for our great reopen, and have been tackling it on three levels: vision, strategy and action. Despite it being overwhelming at times, this will make us stronger and better. We are keeping our focus on the finish line.
We are excited for the new adventure that awaits as we work hard on our GREAT RE-START plan... for whenever that might be!
We have been working hard to enhance our procedures and protocols to keep everyone as safe as possible for when we re-open. Here are some changes you will see.
- additional intensified disinfecting of the facility throughout the day in addition to the daily commercial cleaning
- mandatory hand sanitation for staff and students prior to participation and afterwards
- sneeze guard at the front counter
- touchless paper towel dispenser and soap dispensers have been installed
- water fountain is blocked off, must bring your own water bottle
- physical distancing will be enforced
- planning for restricted occupancy at our facility with smaller group sizes
- due to restricted capacity, spectators will be limited
- class times will be shortened slightly to allow more time for disinfecting between classes
- entrance and exit plans are being worked on for the various groups
- staff will have required safety and hygiene training
- temperature checks & health evaluations of the staff prior to work (and possibly of all entering the building)
- PPE masks for staff & all adults if required by the government
- camp drop off and pick up will be outside with no parents entering the building
- if anyone has symptoms of being ill, please do not enter our facility... Anyone with a runny nose, excessive sneezing, coughing, or an elevated temperature ... will not be allowed in our facility. We are working very hard on preventative measures to stop the spread of germs. We need everyone to do their part.
- if you have been in contact with anyone who has Covid-19, do not come to the gym. Stay home and self quarantine
These procedures and protocols are being updated as necessary, as we are constantly working to provide the best environment and the best experience possible.
We are not exactly sure when we will be allowed to reopen, but we are super excited to see a light in the distance! We will surely let you know. And a continued heartfelt thank you to those that are able to stick with us and support us during these challenging times with credits and donations.
Stay Well Everyone!
Update Message sent April 1, 2020
At registration time for our Spring Session, it was impossible to comprehend the challenges we all have faced in recent weeks and probably months ahead. Our priority at Harford Gymnastics continues to be the health, safety, and well-being of everyone connected to our program. Thank you to everyone who has reached out with love, compassion, and gracious acts of kindness; it has meant more than we can adequately express.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support and patience!
The last thirteen days have been a bit surreal. We have a real health crisis and subsequent economic repercussions which will certainly affect many small businesses. At the moment, our company is employing as much as it can to as many of our full time staffers as it can, while still servicing the rent, utilities, debt payments, etc. Many of our employees, as well as many Harford Gymnastics families, will be faced with some hard financial times; but, most importantly we pray for good health.
Last week, walking through our facility was very different. The usual happy chatter of kids having fun while learning was substituted with an eery silence. ‘Sad' does not begin to capture the emotion as I thought about the abrupt life changes we all are facing. BUT I am confident that we will all come through this stronger than ever. To whatever extent necessary, I pledge my energy and company resources to our recovery and rebuilding.
We still do not know when we will re-open... but we look forward to the day when we do! We are working up a plan for refunds and credits for these unprecedented times for our Spring Session Class students. Note that Team and Pre-team monthly tuition charges have been halted. Once we know when we will be allowed to start back, we will send you more information to all.
In conclusion, please stay connected in creative ways with family and friends the best you can as you follow our government mandates. And thank you for continued patience and support. WE MISS YOU ALL!